After a year on Wattpad, the time has finally come to release my pet project to the world. While this is exciting, it also scares the heck out of me. More so, it signifies a bittersweet end of an awesome writing experience.
Thank you, awesome watt-padders for your readership.
Official Release Date Announcement
✭༻May 22, 2016 World Goth Day༺✭
Except: ©2016 Maria Bernard – HOUSE OF GOTHS
“All I want is to rent the spare room,” Becky said, after taking a soothing sip of coffee.
“All you want?” Crispin mocked, snapping his newspaper in half. “What about what I want? Which is you, gone from here! Doesn’t that count for anything?”
Becky Sparks is a nice, normal girl who refuses to spend her college years living in a lonely, soul destroying dorm, surrounded by people who don’t care enough to ask her name. Bassist Kelley Keele is a Goth with a dark past. He resides at what he and his equally eccentric bandmates, Crispin, and Dorian, like to refer to as the House of Goths.
These two polar opposites literally crash into each other on the first day of class. Mesmerized by his overwhelming persona, Becky feels an instant bond with the scary Goth with red streaks in his hair. So much so that when she spies him putting up an ad for a fourth housemate, Becky jumps at the chance to move in, away from her dreary life at the unfriendly dorm. The problem is… well, she’s a girl and a mundane one at that…
Give us a visit. Like if you like
Facebook Page: facebook.com/houseofgoths
FREE Sneak preview on Wattpad
Caution: Highly Addictive Content
House of Goths by Maria Bernard
Not your average fraternity house.
New Adult • College • Rock Star Romance
Caution: Highly Addictive Content!
All Becky wants is a nice place to live…
Becky Sparks is a sweet, average girl who refuses to spend her college years in a lonely, soul destroying dorm, surrounded by people who don’t care enough to ask her name. Bassist Kelley Keele is a Goth with a d
ark past. He resides at what he and his equally eccentric bandmates, Crispin, and Dorian, like to refer to as the House of Goths.
On the first day of class, these two polar opposites literally crash into each other. Mesmerized by his overwhelming persona, Becky forms an instant bond with the scary Goth with red streaks in his hair. So much so that when she spies him putting up an ad for a fourth housemate, Becky jumps at the chance to move in, away from her dreary life at the unfriendly dorm. The problem is, well, she’s a girl and a mundane one at that.
Quotes from happy readers 📚
Great book!!!! Absolutely loved it!
This is absolute pure 100% gold. I love this book!
I freakin Love This Book!!!
AWWWWW! Love, love, love!
Oh my, I can’t put this story out of hand. I love it!
Is it wrong of me to be crushing on both Crispin and Kell at the same time?
I love this book, a series would be great.
Crispin seems to be my favorite character for some reason.
I love how the Goths interact with Becky-hot and sweet – happy the book is coming out so I can binge read!!!
• Oh Maria, you’ve done it again with your lovely Goth boys!
Young Becky starts college dreaming of new friends and companionship, but finds that it can be a lonely place when you don’t quite ‘fit in’ with the other girls in the dorm. Needing to find a place to stay she takes a chance when she sees an advert advertising a room in a shared ‘Goth’ house, as one of the other sharers is the only person that has shown her any kindness, the gorgeous but rather unusual Kell. I wont spoil the rest by giving away too much more – you’ll just have to read it yourself to find out, but its safe to say that if you have read any of Maria’s other Goth stories, you will obviously adore it, and if you are new to the ‘Goth guys’, then please give them a try!
Its a lovely story with some great personalities, although sometimes you just want to bash their heads together for being so stubborn (read it and you’ll know what I mean!) and Maria has once again managed to weave a thread underneath the main story about how being a bit different is actually ok, and people should not judge others by how they look. The only negative thing I have to say is that i’ll have to wait to find out what happens to my new favourite ‘Goth guy’! – Maria, thanks again for a wonderful story, but please don’t keep us waiting TOO long for the next one. !!
• I have enjoyed every book that Maria writes. She is articulate and smart. Her Goth rockers have a bad boy thing going on, but yet, they have almost Victorian manners. Kell is no exception, he and Becky have literally run into each other and she needs a room to rent. Kell has an empty room since his bandmate left. All college students, the four of them from a type of family and Becky falls ever more in love with the moody Kelley. Crispin even falls under sweet Becky’s spell. The story is catchy, the characters are likeable. Another stellar read from a brilliant author. Cannot wait for more.
5.0 out of 5 stars
Another Great Book from Maria Bernard
May 23, 2016
• House of Goths was my introductory book to Maria Bernard’s work. I was captivated by the premise and it wasn’t long before I was engrossed in the storyline. I was drawn in by the very first chapter, and was highly intrigued by the characters.
House of Goths was an entertaining read, the characters easy to love, the storyline well put together without the need to complicate things to make the romance blossom, and the friendships grow.
5.0 out of 5 stars
A SWEET HOMERUN !!!
May 25 2016
• Where do i start? I totally loved this story. Maria has woven a unique romance filled with such colorful and lovable characters. At the start of the story we meet 3 very goth men living as housemates … Kell, Dorian, and Crispin. We also meet Becky, a lonely college girl on her own for the first time. Fate brings Becky and Kell together in an art class. When she sees Kell post an ad for a fourth roomer, Becky shows up at their house to apply. Little do they know this would change their lives forever!
5.0 out of 5 stars
June 23, 2016
• Loved this book!!! It was quirky and had very lovable characters. Story flowed along and gave insight into the minor characters living in the house. All in all an excellent read!
4.0 out of 5 stars
July 3, 2016
• Sweet story about friendship,acceptance and love even if you dare to be different. While I enjoyed the love story between Kell & Becky, Crispin nearly stole this story. Very much looking forward to his turn.
4.5 out of 5 stars
Good “Goth” you gotta read this!
By RelentlessBookChic on July 1, 2016
• This is the first book by Author Maria Bernard that I have read, it is also the first time I have read about Goth/Steampunk characters and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. I wasn’t sure if I was going to relate or even get into the characters at first but the teaser the author shared in a group caught my attention and I decided to give the book I try. So glad that I did, it was a 4.5 Star read for me and I fell in love with each of those Goth boys!!
Relentless Book Chics Approved & Recommended
Ready for more?
Check out the next in series!
Belonging – House of Goths 2
Like Romance with a Paranormal Twist?
Check out – The Balcony